According to the Small Business Administration 2011
(SBA), each federal agency must set an annual goal for participation in
its small business contracts by various types of small businesses. For
example, here is a sampling of the statutory goals established by
federal executive agencies.
• 23% of prime contracts for small businesses; of the noted 23%, the
following sub-goals are in place for specific types of small businesses.
• 5% of prime and subcontracts for women-owned small businesses;
• 5% of prime contracts for Small Disadvantaged Businesses;
• 3% of prime contracts for HUBZone small businesses;
• 3% of prime and subcontracts for service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses